Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Enchanted Still Has Me Smiling

Krazyglue and I went to see the movie Enchanted, and it was, well, enchanting! Imagine: classical fairy tale and old-style musical-comedy, but with depth! Amy Adams was delightful as Giselle, a princess-to-be, who suddenly finds herself in New York City. Giselle is all goodness and cheer, and as she waits expectantly for her prince to rescue her, she helps others realize the goodness in their lives. And this is done without being sappy; in fact, Adams gives Giselle great authenticity. Or to use Roger Ebert's words, "effortless lovability." There is also a refreshing lack of political correctness. I have never even seen the Disney fairy tale films of the last 5-10 years as they aren't my cup of tea. Yet I'm so glad that I didn't miss Enchanted, and I can't wait for the kids to see it, too.

1 comment:

Kyle Cupp said...

Most certainly on our list of films to see.