Thursday, December 20, 2007

Five More Days...

Tonight we went to our parish Reconciliation Service at which there were 11 priests to hear confessions! What a blessing! As I was one of the last in line, I saw a lot of people after they received God's great mercy and I noticed something: most people came back to their pew smiling! I mean, really big, joyous smiles! Indeed, the 7 of us felt like celebrating this wonderful grace we'd received, and we broke our Advent fast and went out for ice cream. It seemed good and fitting in this third week of Advent.

Eight year old LM was positively jubilant as we left the church tonight. On the car ride home she remarked that avoiding sin was "like being on a diet, where you don't swallow what Satan wants you to." An apt description I think.

May our heavenly Father help me--and all of us--to stay on the sin-free diet, feasting on all the good things He has given us. Come, Lord Jesus!

No comments: